Saturday 26 November 2011

Troll Cave Update

It’s now been two weeks since the big move to the new cave, though it seems a whole lot longer. It still doesn’t quite feel like home, but it is getting there. There are still a couple of pieces missing: curtains for the lounge, a second desk in the study, a miniatures cabinet...but these will all come in time. Of greater annoyance is the large number of items currently not working at full capacity.

Phone (dead)
Internet (dead)*
Boiler (circuit board is dying)
Television (no reception on any of the BBC channels)
DVD Player (you get what you pay for...)
Stove (has to be lit with a match)
Bathroom Extractor Fan (on/off switch is broken)

That said, the weeks have not been without their good news and victories as well. The leak in the ceiling turned out to be nothing major. We now have curtain poles and blinds. After several gruelling hours in the arena, I managed to get the refrigerator doors reversed. I’ve nearly got my gaming cupboard set up the way I want it. All the lights have lampshades.

It’s a work in progress, and we still have a long way to go, but it seems to get a little more like home every day.

* I’m currently bringing you this blog thanks to a pay-as-you-go wireless internet connection. It’s slow, and I have to worry about how many MB of data I’m using, but it is better than the nothing I have otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment