Tuesday 2 July 2013

Ready to Roll

I got my bike back from the shop yesterday. I'd taken it in to get a new chain put on, but I told them to give it a full service and to replace anything that needed replacing. I've ridden that Ridgeback over 6,500 miles, with no replacements but the break pads and tires, so I knew it was about time.

Well, in the end, I came out with new:

Chain
Cassette
Break Blocks
Pedals
Cone & Bearings
Middle Chain Ring
Seat

All of that, plus the labour, cost about 1/3 of the original price of the bike, but then again, maybe it is about 1/3 of the bike! Anyway, I rode it home, and it's riding like a dream.

Despite the upgrade, the bike still bears many of the scars of past crashes, including the cracked gear displays from last years' forward roll.

I didn't ride it to work this morning because it's softball tonight. Well, possibly. It's pouring down rain at the moment, so we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment